6.12.2009

i'd rather be with you

i have a dead arm from the tetanus shot i got yesterday. i'm too responsible. i fought myself all week and still in the end made myself do the right thing. i guess that's a good thing... but now i'm not so happy about it. really i was just scared of the shot itself, but now i take back my nonchalance about the aching sore arm that happens for days after. just gotta suck it up and be a big girl. 

it's my last day here for two months. i'll be at camp up in massachusetts.. crazy, i know! i wanted to do something different, something new and so here i go. almost ready for 6am mornings and hard mattresses. answering phones, and announcing schedules. enjoying the company of little kids and inevitably dealing with bratty 13 year girls who think they are hot. i'll miss my family. i probably won't miss my mom constantly taking about canap, or my dad's "playful" violence that actually hurts, or sharayah's constant inquiries as to my whereabouts. but i will miss all the rest of my family dynamic. 

"boston" by augustana just played on pandora and it makes me smile because that's where i'm headed tomorrow. i have to finish packing (which is going to be a miracle if i can fit everything i want to bring) and finish reading 'angels & demons' by dan brown today. doesn't seem like much, but i'm sure at the end of the day i'll wonder where the time went. time really does fly.. i hope i have enough energy to keep up with the pace of camp. i don't know exactly what to expect.. but that's half the fun, right? 

8 comments:

  1. are you excited about only coming up to boston for camp? or is there someone up that that you want to see?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i can't wait for you to come up and experience camp for yourself. You are gonna love it and everyone is gonna love you. i know it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. nope, just camp.

    you are crazy! of course i'm sooo excited to see you! silly..

    ReplyDelete
  4. is the title of this from a joshua radin song?! he's my favorite singer. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. it's actually from american football's song "never meant" --its a sad song though. i had someone call me overly dramatic once, and then i heard the song and i was like... sure why not! i am a little over emotional at times haha. but i love joshua radin -- does one of his songs have these lyrics?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I actually meant the title of this individual entry lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh lol.. yes... yes it is!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So it sounds like you'll be working like me! lol 6 am mornings answering phones announcing schedules I get to be around kids from 8:30-12 lol
    Does your mom still want to check your blood sugar levels also lol?
    Anyways I'm so excited for you! It'll be fun! (I can only imagine lol never worked at a camp or anything of that sort lol)

    ReplyDelete