7.20.2009

i'll stand with arms high and heart abandoned

Wally the chipmunk just scampered into the office, looking for marshmallows. I've grown fond of him and his daily visits. I wish he wasn't afraid of me though... Well, only two more weeks of camp (Family camp to boot! --which everyone claims is easier) However... for these last two weeks I'm staying in a cabin with 7 other girls. I was the first to pack and grab a bottom bunk yesterday -- however, I was busy all day doing Registration (and when I mean all day... I really mean ALL day) so I didn't get a chance to unpack anything, let alone make my bed. So after a long day of working... I take an hour off to have some supervised purple with my man up in the Apartment. Curfew rolls around and I'm forced to go back to my cabin. I was sleepy anyways, so I was glad to get to bed. But what do I come to find? Darkness. All the girls were already asleep! Before 11?! Crap. So I make my way through the dark room, barely missing sprawled out suitcases... tripping over my own pile of bags, only to find that -- oh yeah, I never made my bed.. and all my clothes are packed away in my suitcase and I can't see a thing. I didn't want to turn on the light because I'm too considerate of people and I didn't want to wake anyone up. So I didn't, at the expensive of my own comfort. Yes, ladies and gentlemen, I slept in my jeans, on top of a blanket that made too much noise getting out of the plastic bag it was in. Needless to say, I had a horrible night full of tossing and turning... only to wake up at 1am and 2am and 5am and then 6am when my alarm went off. I gathered my things and walked over to the bathhouse (uuugh..) and took a nice long shower... only to return to the cabin and find that everyone is STILL asleep. I tried hard not to make noise... but goodness gracious... I don't know how I'm going to survive for the next two weeks. I would much rather have them all stay up super late than go to bed early. I can sleep through noise.. but I feel bad being the one making the noise that others would have to sleep through. And I'm so not comfortable with anyone yet so its still awkward. Hopefully the nights and mornings will get better. Until then.. I will complain.  

In case you were full of curiosity, the picture is of me using the radio to announce over the PA! well, i wasn't really in the picture... just posing. It's what I do all day though... well for the next two weeks anyways. I'll kind of miss it probably. Maybe... not.. 

1 comment:

  1. i finally got around to reading your post. i thought you'd talk more about wally, but that's ok. sorry about your living situation and the trying to be quiet thing. i probably would have been one of the ones already asleep when you walked in. last night, i went to bed at 9:45. i'm such an old lady. well, i miss you. can't wait for you to come home!!!

    ReplyDelete