7.08.2009

everything looks perfect from far away, come down now... but we'll stay




a chipmunk literally just scampered across the office floor. it scared me at first, but then i got intrigued and followed it (and by followed it, i mean chased it) out the door. chipmunks are so cute and abundant here at camp. why they don't scare me like squirrels do, i have no idea. but my close encounter this morning made me smile and feel a little silly at the time, because i was chasing a chipmunks. luckily no one was around to see my foolishness. at least, i think...

i haven't had a minute to write a blog. i always start and get sidetracked with office work. this morning, i'm adamant about writing an update on my life here at camp. i've never had such a regimented routine. (that's probably redundant, huh?) everything goes according to schedule and i'm the one that announces it over the PA. i wake up at 6:30 am, shower, eat breakfast then sit in the office. some days are crazier than others -- usually sundays and mondays are hectic all day. as the week continues, things slow down. and by thursday/friday... i'm bored out of my mind. so i facebook and write emails. (don't ask me why i don't write on this blog -- i haven't figured that out yet)

being the secretary is a very under-appreciated job. sometimes i let it get to me, but for the most part i don't care. we all have "secret pals" and mine hasn't gotten me anything yet. it's been three weeks -- not even a note saying hello. not gonna lie, makes me sad. sigh. oh well.

oh and the weather. it is not summer here. it has been rainy and cold (60's and below even!) for the past three weeks... (excluding the three sunny days this weekend -- that we happened to go into Boston for, which was awesome! Saw fireworks and a red sox game! which actually got us in trouble... but that's another story) basically my life is good, but i miss tv.

1 comment:

  1. yeah, i was wondering where the posts were. it's ok, i forgive you. i love that you chased a chipmunk and yes... they def are cuter and less scary than squirrels. anyway, sorry you don't have summer there. that's sucks to be working at a summer camp with no summer. just to make you jealous... it has been beautiful, hot and absolutely summer here... esp when at the pool. mwa-ha-ha. that's what you get for leaving me for a whole summer. miss you.

    ReplyDelete