5.12.2008

for every kiss you give me, i'll give you three

i'm getting used to the process of applying, interviewing and being rejected. two internships, close but no cigar. one job opportunity for next school year, just outta my reach. and here i sit on my computer waiting to hear from yet another employer about yet another internship. this summer will henceforth be known as the summer of never-ending internship interviewing. i can't say what the final outcome will be though. it seems like every other week i am introduced to a new possibility which is wonderful. kudos to SVAD for passing on valuable information via emails. so i emailed Unum and got a speedy reply (no seriously, less than 30 minutes) and now i'm waiting to hear from the man who's setting up interviews. the details? it's a full time, paid graphic design internship at Unum, working on marketing for "a Fortune 500 company". $13 or $14 an hour. 40 hours a week. i think it could be fun. designing flyers, ads, data sheets. working with a team of designers. i'd actually perfer this internship over the others. it sounds exciting and Unum is a well-known organization. but, as always, i'm not holding my breath because i'll probably just end up suffocating. see there's that pessimism creeping up!

one another note, a week and half and i'll be in boston! a week and it'll be 7 months (but who's counting) and i couldn't be happier. i really can't remember a time when i was happier. being with him is so easy and not stressful and absolutely no drama. i told him about what i wrote in my last blog and he literally was like "no big deal" and wasn't mad at my double standard, like, at all. and i pushed him.. "so it doesn't bother you that he's the one that texted me and invited me to go?!" i wanted him to know the whole story and then make his decision on whether or not he was upset. "are you trying to make me mad tamara?" he laughed at my persistence. "no... but.. wow.. i can't believe you aren't mad." i wasn't used to such understanding... wait.. maybe he didn't care about me enough to be mad... no. i get those silly little thoughts sometimes. "i think its just cute that you felt bad all day over something you thought would make me upset, but it didn't and it doesn't" -- he's wonderful. so incredibly wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment