5.30.2008

when you're gone, will i lose control?

i'm back from boston and although i tossed and turned last night, waking up at every hour, only to switch to another uncomfortable position and have another strange dream, i find myself now at home, tired from a full day of traveling, sitting at my computer instead of sleeping in my marshmallow bed. i'm comforted by all my familiar surroundings, relieved to be back to my own mess, my own clutter, my own life. not to say that i was unhappy in boston, that would be so far from the true. i enjoyed myself immensely. i felt at home, very comfortable and welcomed up there. no longer was i intimidated or shy around his family, although i was still quiet because let's face it, i'm always going to be a quiet person. it felt good to feel so comfortable there. but at the end of 9 days i was ready to be home, with my family, my pets, my familiar surroundings. 

i finished augusten burroughs' "possible side effects" which was very good. contrary to popular belief, i DO enjoy books that i don't relate to. i might have said such a comment in the past, but i've changed since then. which is actually one of my most irritating pet peeves... the way a person who doesn't acknowledge that you've changed, treats you like you are the "old" you. everyone changes, matures, learns, grows into themselves and gains wisdom and experience... but often times, others around them fail to see that change (because usually that change occurs within, not externally) and those people continue to treat the other as though they haven't changed at all. you can't blame them.. but it gets annoying. because as much as you say "yeah, i know" - that person will still tell you things like its the first time you've heard it. i know that is completely off the subject but.. just thought i'd through that out there. 

it's almost midnight. sleep is now a necessity for my eyes cannot stay open much longer. i'll write more about my trip later. if i feel like it that is. we'll see. goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment